Position Summary: The Social Media Coordinator is responsible for developing social media strategies to support our clients’ business objectives. This role will also be responsible for strategy execution, including developing, managing and curating content; monitoring/social listening; responding to inquiries and messages; and providing crisis communications support. In addition, this role will track and report on metrics, such as engagement, impressions and reach. The ideal candidate will be familiar with both native platform analytics and third-party platforms. S/he will serve as a social media subject matter expert, provide counsel on best practices, and advise the team regarding changes to social media platforms, such as Facebook algorithm changes, rolling out of beta programs, etc.
General Purpose: Support and coordination for the Company’s Public Relations department.
- Develops knowledge of and actively seeks current information about the Client’s organizational structure, products, services, markets and distribution networks.
- Assists in scheduling/set-up of Client meetings and/or internal meetings on the Client’s behalf.
- Serves as a secondary Client contact on specified accounts.
- Consistently initiates ways to add value to all Client-specified assignments and proactively offers new ideas for content and outreach efforts.
- Manages and monitors client social media accounts daily including tweeting, posting, responding and reporting.
- Researches, gathers, assembles materials for tracking and reporting purposes.
- Create social media campaigns for upcoming holidays, seasons, product releases & special events
- Communicates daily with AE(s) to provide support with ongoing projects as well as new/unexpected needs as they arise.
- Assists in preparation of forecasting and billing as directed by the AE.
- Conducts research necessary to develop Social Media and PR materials.
- Drafts social media posts and other written materials as needed and directed by AE or director.
- Develops and maintains databases and editorial/content calendars for each client.
- Handles crisis scenarios, as needed.
- Assists with management and monitoring of JMG social media including tweeting, posting, responding and reporting.
- Assist with JMG content development, blogging, press releases, events and maintains the JMG editorial calendar.
- Expedites Client contact reports as directed by AE.
- Proactively updates and archives account files.
- Maintains individual Client notebooks and files (including samples, correspondence, competitor and industry information, clip books, etc.).
- Assures timely delivery of Client correspondence and materials.
- Consistently enters daily record of billable time into the Company’s accounting software.
- Attends Traffic/Production meetings and follows-up on unfinished projects until completion.
- Prepares work orders for new jobs.
- Proofs unfinished work to ensure accuracy before final production/presentation for Client.
- Updates Client(s)’ web sites, as needed.
Essential Skills & Experience:
- Deep knowledge of social media platforms and capabilities.
- Experience with metrics tracking and reporting using native platforms and third-party tools.
- Ability to stay current on social media best practices and platforms/algorithm updates.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong time management, organizational and critical thinking skills.
- Proactive, resourceful, quick learner, multi-tasker, strong team player
- Able to follow direction and work with minimal supervision, depending on the project
- Proficiency in MS Excel and Word
- Commitment to company values
Nonessential Functions, Skills & Experience:
- One – two years of social media management preferred.
Physical Demands & Work Environment: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk, sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, keyboards, office equipment, reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, talk and hear. The associate must occasionally lift up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral, vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
General Sign-Off: The associate is expected to adhere to all company policies.