Upstate SC Alliance Marketing Manager
Upstate SC Alliance Team Environment:
As the Upstate grows, there’s constant buzz about investment and job creation. Join Team Upstate and be a part of growing a stronger economy in the Upstate. Our dynamic team works with the public and private sector to position the 10-county Upstate to excel in the global marketplace. Bring your creative spirit, your marketing expertise, and your desire to work in a team environment that is focused on moving the Upstate forward.
The Marketing Manager will participate in planning the marketing strategy and initiatives of the Upstate SC Alliance. They will concept, design, and produce marketing collateral, presentations, graphics, and other creative materials for both internal and external audiences. The marketing manager is responsible for management of the UA website, including updating content on the website and managing support for technical issues. They will also play a key role in supporting the Director of Global Engagement with inbound and outbound events as it relates to Centers of Influence and international audiences.
Core Position Responsibilities
Marketing – 65% of Time
Supports organizational goals by providing marketing and design services for the following: Global Engagement/Branding; Industry Recruitment/Lead Nurturing; Investor & Public Relations and the Global Cities Initiatives.
• Responsible for the creative concept and design of marketing collateral, including, but not limited to brochures, directories, flyers, fact sheet and reports
• Supports the production of digital and print advertisements, direct mailers, and other creative materials with outside vendors, including interfacing with pre-print/printing vendors
• Responsible for the creative concept and design of customized presentations
• Responsible for the creative concept and design of custom graphics, maps, pop-ups, signs, and other creative materials
• Works with Director of Global Engagement on digital marketing initiatives and other external marketing initiatives
• Manages UA Website, updates content, and manages support for technical issues
• Maintains library of graphics, photography and quotes to be used in marketing efforts
• Coordinates procurement of promotional items
• Reports on website and digital marketing activity
• Manages UA Brand Standards throughout all UA materials
Event Management – 20% of Time
Assists the Director of Global Engagement in the coordination of events including but not limited to: inbound/outbound events, trips, familiarization tours and visits from centers of influence and international audiences.
Ensures events are implemented successfully by assisting with event planning in areas including but not limited to:
• Venue selection, choosing vendors, selecting catering needs
• Scheduling/preparing itineraries and communicating with guests
• Lodging and transportation arrangements
• Technology requirements
• Recording events/attendees in CRM database
Special Projects as Assigned – 10% of time
Other or Non-Core Position Responsibilities – 5% of Time
Essential Skills and Experience:
• 3-5 years of experience in graphic design and marketing
• Computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Publisher), and strong expertise in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Acrobat, Photoshop)
• Experience with Website content management systems
• Solid oral and written communication skills
• Able to interact with a variety of individuals including employees, vendors and investors
• Detail oriented with strong organizational skills
• Proven experience working in a multi-tasking environment
• Proven time management skills and ability to work under pressure
• Ability to work independently, with little supervision and as part of a team
Beneficial Skills and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Graphic Communications or related field with 3-5 years of related experience or Associates Degree in Marketing with 5+ years of related experience.
• Experience in economic development.
• Computer skills, including proficiency in event (Eventbrite), newsletter (Mailchimp) management tools, customer relationship management software (Salesforce), Google Drive/Docs/Analytics.
• Experience in digital marketing strategies and implementation.
Competitive compensation package provided, along with a generous full suite of benefits (Healthcare, 401(k)Match, PTO, Life Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability, and Professional Development Budget).
Submit resume, 3 samples of your creative work, and provide 2 professional references (to be contacted only after in-person interviews and with permission) to email@example.com. No calls please.