Director of Digital Strategy at VantagePoint Marketing
VantagePoint Marketing is a marketing and advertising agency that guides B2B companies to find the right perspective, map out a strategic path, and develop creative solutions. We provide nationally award-winning integrated marketing, advertising, branding, digital, and public relations services. We offer a great work environment, friendly co-workers, and have been recognized as a 6-time Best Place to Work in South Carolina and a 10-time BMA Carolinas Agency of the Year.
VantagePoint’s compensation package includes full medical and dental benefits, PTO, life insurance, short- and long-term disability and 401k program, along with other benefits. If you are interested in applying for a position at VantagePoint, please send a cover letter and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the cover letter, please highlight any relevant experience in B2B and/or working with clients in an agency setting. For more information about VantagePoint, visit our website at http://www.vantagep.com.
The Director of Digital Strategy is responsible for managing all agency digital marketing strategy. This person is responsible for evaluating the agency’s digital marketing capabilities, devising strategies to improve these capabilities, and implementing these strategies to enhance the agency’s digital communications strengths. This person will be well-versed in using various digital practices to increase client revenue. Additionally, this person will contribute clear, well-conceived digital marketing proposals for strategic marketing plans. This person must have a passion for digital trends and an understanding of how customers and brands interact with digital properties.
The Director of Digital Strategy should be experienced in email marketing, strategic website development, marketing automation, CRM, digital advertising, SEO, analytics and tracking, and database building and management. This position requires extensive digital marketing experience, including strategy development, web management, web marketing and promotion, and client service experience. While this is not a “coding” position, a solid understanding of technology and programming issues is essential. Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must. This person should be an energetic self-starter capable of working independently or with an assigned client services team.
The Director of Digital Strategy works closely with all agency personnel, including creative, account service and media, to ensure agency digital services meet or exceed the high standards of the agency and its clients. This includes managing and developing digital marketing plans to service individual clients and providing strategic direction for all digital projects.
Position Description: The Director of Digital Strategy is responsible for three key areas:
- Developing the digital strategy for all VantagePoint clients, and supporting these clients’ account managers in all digital marketing initiatives
- Developing a digital marketing strategy for VantagePoint’s services, including lead generation and brand awareness
- Supporting the Internal digital marketing platform
Specific responsibilities related to these areas include:
- Conceiving, developing and presenting digital marketing service plans to support and enhance overall client strategic marketing plans.
- Supervising client digital marketing plans and tactics and providing client contact where needed
- Providing analytics, reports and insights to client services teams.
- Writing appropriate reports for clients and agency teams.
- Reviewing statements and estimates of digital work prior to client review.
- Finding opportunities to keep the rest of the agency current on the latest digital marketing trends.
- Looking continually for new digital work opportunities with both existing and prospective clients.
- Understanding industry/market best practices and striving to incorporate them seamlessly in day-to-day agency processes.
- Working with web designers, programmers and copywriters to implement digital marketing services as an important element in all agency-produced and maintained properties.
- Utilizing appropriate digital services to improve response rates on agency-produced websites, draw new traffic to sites, and build customer and prospect databases for the agency and its clients.
- Providing account service personnel all information necessary to accurately and profitably sell digital marketing services to clients.
- Presenting to clients as a digital marketing expert.
- Sharing learnings from analytics and reports across client services and creative teams.
- Leading the agency SEO practice, determining process, and helping to sell the service as required.
- Reviewing existing agency-produced and maintained web/interactive properties and recommending ways to improve existing e-marketing functions, or to add e-marketing functions where none exist.
- Regularly analyzing digital marketing plans and making adjustments/recommendations to improve results.
- Assisting other departments in identifying and implementing the best digital tools and practices.
- Helping support, market and improve the VantagePoint’s digital marketing platform.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree is required
- A minimum of 7 years agency experience; 7 years client-side experience with regular agency interaction will also be considered
- Experience managing a digital marketing portfolio
- B2B experience a plus
- Experience in email marketing, website development, marketing automation, SEO, digital advertising, and database building and management
- Experience leading clients and providing marketing strategy and tactics
- A solid understanding of technology and programming issues is essential
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
Reporting Responsibilities: VP of Creative and Digital