As the Communications Coordinator, you will assist the Communications Director in achieving Upstate Forever’s vision and goals for the Upstate through strategies and initiatives associated with marketing and communications.
The Communications Coordinator will be based out of Upstate Forever’s Greenville office, with the option to work remotely for part of the week. The position may also include travel within the other nine counties in the Upstate region and occasionally to other parts of South Carolina.
- Assist the Communications Director with implementing and periodically reassessing UF’s Communications Strategy
- Maintain UF’s social media accounts, including content creation and curation
- Write and publish content as needed for UF’s website, blog, and email/print newsletters
- Measure and report on the effectiveness of communications activities
- Work with the Development Team to promote fundraising initiatives, UF events, and planned giving options
- Support and assist other staff members in writing, editing, formatting, and/or proofreading articles, grants, donor letters, speeches, presentations, and other communications as needed
- Serve as a point person working with relevant creative consultants as needed
- Assist with other external and internal communications duties as needed
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- A minimum of 2 years of communications or marketing experience – creating and implementing strategies, developing online content, and tracking success metrics. A bachelor’s degree is required; a BA in journalism, English, marketing, PR, or related field is preferred.
- Strong writing, editing, and organizational skills
- Experience with website content management, email marketing, and social media management
- A strong working understanding of graphic design principles. Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (specifically InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop) is a plus.
- Ability to learn quickly, relay complex ideas succinctly, and balance collaboration with independent ownership of duties
- Nonprofit or development experience a plus
- Photography and/or videography skills a plus
- Familiarity with conservation, urban planning, and/or natural resource issues a plus
Compensation starts at $17/hr for half-time (20 hours); hourly rate may increase depending on the candidate. Full-time salary will be competitive and negotiable based on qualifications, skills, and experience. Benefits include paid time off, health and dental insurance, and a Simple IRA retirement plan.
Upstate Forever is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply, visit https://www.upstateforever.org/jobs