VantagePoint Marketing is a B2B marketing and advertising agency that specializes in foodservice marketing. From our Greenville, SC office, we provide nationally award-winning integrated marketing, advertising, branding, digital, and public relations solutions. We offer a great work environment, friendly co-workers, and have been recognized as a 2013 – 2017 Best Place to Work in South Carolina. We’ve been named the BMA Carolinas Agency of the Year 9 times, and have been ranked nationally 6 times on B2B Magazine’s Top Agencies list.
If you are interested in applying for a part-time position at VantagePoint, please send a cover letter and your resume. In the cover letter, please highlight any relevant experience. For more information about VantagePoint, visit our website at http://www.vantagep.com. Please send resume and cover letter to Tricia Cruver at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Position Description: The Bookkeeper is responsible for specific administrative functions related to accounts payable, accounts receivable, and general ledger accounting, as well as some miscellaneous duties:
- Distributes vendor invoices needing approval to proper associates. Approves other routine bills as authorized.
- Inputs all approved vendor invoices related to production, media, and overhead into Advantage (agency-specific accounting and project management software)
- Issues checks for vendor invoices and associate expense reports after investigating any concerns and after approval from CFO. Matches check stubs to invoices.
- Initiates foreign wire transfers and enters the payments in Advantage
- Maintains vendor file (address, phone, contacts, set-up of new vendors, etc.)
- Monitors A/P aging
- Checks on VantagePoint credit card balances and makes timely payments, avoiding late fees
- Acts as contact for inquiries from vendors. Investigates problem invoices.
- Generates job analysis reports for production billing. Enters client invoices as indicated and submits billing previews for approval. Prints final invoices.
- Receives checks, enters payments into Advantage and makes bank deposits remotely. Checks bank account online frequently for incoming electronic payments and enters into Advantage.
- Maintains client accounting information as needed – contact information, billing address, set-up of new clients, etc.
- Monitors A/R aging weekly and makes collection calls proactively. Reports weekly to CFO and president concerning outstanding receivables with collection activity.
- Investigates all client billing inquiries, in coordination with client services
- Closes jobs as requested by client services prior to first billing cycle each month
- Opens and closes accounting periods in Advantage at appropriate times
- Performs monthly bank reconciliation
- Produces monthly leadership team report, makes copies and distributes
- Produces quarterly report for leadership team and board
- Produces any other reports as needed
- Makes semi-monthly payroll journal entries
Required Education or Experience: A Bachelor’s degree in accounting or a related field preferred. A minimum of three years’ experience in bookkeeping and/or accounting is required.
- Thorough knowledge of basic accounting principles; access to reliable accounting resources
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to prioritize tasks
- Excellent communication skills
- Analytical thinking through complex transactions
- Data entry skills
- Time management
- Mathematical reasoning
- Integrity and confidentiality
Reporting Responsibilities: Reports to the Vice President/CFO